Yeah, People Spend Money on Bird Stuff
feed the birds and watch wildlife
in their own backyards
spent annually on bird feeding
and watching wildlife
spent annually on bird seed
and wildlife food
Click here for more bird feeding hobby statistics.
People also spend:
$960 million annually on bird feeders, bird baths and nesting boxes
$1.8 billion annually on binoculars and spotting scopes
These statistics are according to the 2016 U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Associated Recreation, preliminary report. This survey is conducted every five years.
Each WBU store functions as a true community resource, providing valuable knowledge about the bird feeding hobby and an exceptional shopping experience. We’ll teach you how to help your customers turn their yards into a bird feeding habitat that not only brings song, color and life to their lives, but also benefits the wild birds and the environment.
We Support You… All the Way
- Rated #1 or #2 in Retail for Franchisee Satisfaction for 14 years
- Rated in Top 10 Overall for Franchisee Satisfaction for more than 6 years
- Proven, 35+ year business model
- Our pre-opening support covers business planning, site selection, lease negotiations, classroom and in-store training, store design and layout
- Our on-going support includes marketing, merchandising and purchasing, store operations, nature and hobby education, financial and information systems
- Strong customer loyalty by providing an exceptional customer experience and the highest quality bird food and bird feeding products in the industry
- Many US and Canadian markets are still available for development