You Might Be Asking, Do People Really Spend Money on Bird Stuff?
The numbers tell the true story (and the opportunity).
feed the birds and watch wildlife
in their own backyards
spent annually on bird feeding
and watching wildlife
spent annually on bird seed
and wildlife food
Wild Birds Unlimited is an outdoor wildlife franchise dedicated to meeting the growing consumer wildlife hobbyist demand. Each of our more than 350 stores are strategically located within their communities ̶ serving as a true neighborhood resource. WBU franchise owners provide expert knowledge about the bird feeding hobby and offer an exceptional shopping experience.
We train every Wild Birds Unlimited franchisee how to help customers transform their yards into a bird feeding habitat that not only brings song, color, and energy to their lives, but also one that benefits the visiting wild birds and the overall ecosystem.
Our Franchisees…Our Partners
We support each Wild Birds Unlimited franchisee with best-in-class training along with operational and marketing resources to help you realize your dream of owning a successful bird franchise.
You’ll benefit from:
- Our proven, 40+ year business model and trusted brand reputation
- Pre-opening support including business planning, site selection, lease negotiation tactics, classroom and in-store training, and store design and layout
- Ongoing ownership support that includes marketing, merchandising and purchasing, store operations, nature and hobby education, and established financial and information systems
- Strong customer loyalty generated by the highest quality bird food and bird feeding products in the industry in addition to an exceptional customer experience
Click here for more bird feeding hobby statistics.
People also spend:
$960 million annually on bird feeders, bird baths and nesting boxes
$1.8 billion annually on binoculars and spotting scopes
These statistics are according to the 2016 U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Associated Recreation, preliminary report. This survey is conducted every five years.
Each WBU store functions as a true community resource, providing valuable knowledge about the bird feeding hobby and an exceptional shopping experience. We’ll teach you how to help your customers turn their yards into a bird feeding habitat that not only brings song, color and life to their lives, but also benefits the wild birds and the environment.
We Support You… All the Way
- Rated #1 or #2 in Retail for Franchisee Satisfaction for 14 years
- Rated in Top 10 Overall for Franchisee Satisfaction for more than 6 years
- Proven, 35+ year business model
- Our pre-opening support covers business planning, site selection, lease negotiations, classroom and in-store training, store design and layout
- Our on-going support includes marketing, merchandising and purchasing, store operations, nature and hobby education, financial and information systems
- Strong customer loyalty by providing an exceptional customer experience and the highest quality bird food and bird feeding products in the industry
- Many US and Canadian markets are still available for development
Franchise Update Media’s Most Innovative Supply Chain Award
Top 100 Franchise Culture Award Winners by Franchise Business Review
Entrepreneur Top Global Franchise Listing
15 Affordable Franchises You Can Start in Your 50s
Franchise Business Review 2021 Franchisee Rock Star
Hear testimonials from our existing Wild Birds Unlimited franchise owners.
Kelli, Franchise Owner, Salt Lake City, UT
Expert Support and a Brand that Stands for Quality